DAYLA and James Pettit is a 4th generation family business established in 1851. Formerly brewers, we are now the leading ON-trade drinks specialist and wine merchants for the Home Counties and London.
We’re at the forefront of the ever-developing drinks world, delivering an unrivalled selection of more than 4500 products to 2500+ ON-trade venues, which enables our customers to consistently deliver unique drinking experiences. The combination of exceptional service and traditional values truly sets us apart in today’s fast-moving marketplace.
We are looking for a friendly, passionate and driven individual with a good understanding and genuine interest of the ON-trade/hospitality sector. The position will focus on nurturing and maximising existing relationships as well as securing and developing new business across heartland. The right candidate will have the ability to forge long-lasting relationships along with the aptitude to sell and build brands from our premium portfolio of products.
Job Title: Account Manager
Responsible To: Head of Sales
Salary: Competitive & Bonus Incentive
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain and develop an existing customer base.
- Open and develop new customers.
- Achieve targets set on key driver brands for the business.
- Total customer care and strong business relationships.
- Disciplined approach to journey planning.
- Selling of the company, promotions, portfolio and all services to customers.
- Work closely with all suppliers and brand ambassadors.
- Broaden the range of supply to every customer.
- Liaise effectively with all departments across the entire business.
- Manage debt, administration and organisation as required.
- Ensure that objectives and deadlines as set by the company are achieved.
- Strong communicator with customer service skills.
- Experience in the licensed ON-trade.
- Good knowledge of the drinks industry and range of products.
- Self-motivated, passionate about success, pro-active and hungry.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Selling experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Driving Licence essential
- Car Allowance.
- 29 Days holiday (includes Bank Holidays).
- Incentive bonus scheme.
- Laptop, mobile and iPad supplied.